Saturday, November 27, 2010

This is real

Eeeks!! I just bought my tickets Thursday night. This is real now. I am going to be in Haiti for 105 days.

Being home was great. It was great to see my mother and all of my family for that matter. It is interesting how it is not very hard to deal with while I am at home, but the few days before and after can be a bit challenging for me.
The current question family members are asking me is a legit one, but I hate thinking about it. They ask, "What if something goes wrong with her operation?" I already have insurance on my tickets. If something happens, I am outta there. I will figure out a way to get home. She will most likely be having the tumor removal surgery February or March. I cannot worry about this stuff though. This does not mean I don't care. My mother is my best friend on this earth. What I mean is I cannot get caught up in what might happen. I am being called to go to Haiti.
"God knows." That is what a Haitian told me in April. Such a simple statement, but yet so true. Things might happen, but I have spent too much of my life worrying. I have God. I trust in him. My favorite verse relates to this: Check it out Romans 8:31.
So, I have only a short time left in Ashland. I will miss Northland, but it won't be long before I am back. I am planning on returning for the May term and then hopefully working in Ashland for the summer. Then, of course I will return for fall semester 2011 as a full-time student.
Oh, one more thing. Tonight I went to a concert. It was just a little acoustic guitar musician kind of concert. The musician was a guy that I kind of know, but I never knew him well. The concert was awesome! This guy is so super talented. I even had the opportunity to talk to him afterwards and catch up. It was a great way to end my weekend here at home. Now all I have to do is get my church on tomorrow.
I am calling the guy I know in Haiti very soon. Then I will have more information on what I will be doing there. The more organized I am for this, the better I feel.
Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment