Monday, January 10, 2011

Less than two days away

Here I am sitting in my living room. I love my house. I am so used to being able to go to my house whenever I want. In two days I will no longer have that luxury. I leave for Haiti Wednesday the 12th at 8:15 AM.

Speaking of luxuries, this is not the only one I will be giving up, but I am ready this. I am not coming in to Haiti with a "superman" mentality. I am not going to try to change Haiti. Haitians are beautiful people and I come to learn from them try to help out anyway I can. I just talked to Shane Mattenley who is in charge of my trip. The first week I am there I will meet my potential Haitian partner that I will be doing bi-weekly Bible studies with and choose which option I want to choose as far as my "job." The jobs that I know I have to choose from are working at an orphanage, working at a school, or working with a coffee company co-op. The first week I will be able to take a tour and see which job fits me best. Shane told me that on Saturday we are going to the Central Plateau area, which is beautiful country. We will go to meet the coffee farmers themselves. He said I may even ride a donkey. Sounds very interesting.

It is only 10:30 pm, but I already know I am not going to sleep much tonight. I cannot deny that I am nervous, but check out that Romans 8:28-32. That is what keeps me moving.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has been supporting me financially, through prayers, encouragement, wisdom, or even for just thinking about me. We all know it is not about the money, but thanks to Salem Baptist Church in Ashland, WI, Faith Reformed Church in Cedar Grove, WI, countless friends and families, and of course BAYNET, the youth group I help out with in Ashland, for helping me reach my minimum goal plus some! I am so incredibly grateful and am blessed beyond belief.

This will be my last blog post before I leave. The next one will be explaining my first few days in Haiti. I should have internet connection once a week or more feel free to email me at kavanaghs01@myemail.northland.edu or write me on here or facebook.

See ya late USA

I will be back in late April!

Peace and Love

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment