Sunday, January 16, 2011

I made it.




Here I am in Port-au-Prince Haiti. It is good to be back. I absolutely love it here. I fell strangely comfortable here. Thanks again for the prayers.

The flight was great and the airport was a little hectic, but I made it. I am now situated in my
room.

It is always super hot here.

I am at a loss for words right now. Haiti is an amazing place to live. It is hard sometimes to look at all the poverty, but I feel God moving here.

So far, I have been kind of just getting situated right now. I have been spending a lot of time at a school that is called an American school. Everyone here speaks English. The kids are mostly wealthy Haitians with a small amount of missionary kids thrown into the mix.

Yesterday was AMAZING. We went to Baptiste, which is a town near the Dominican Republic. It was so beautiful. Shane is looking to buy land up there to start a coffee co-op. I loved the people there. I might be working up there with this coffee stuff and churches.

I have many stories to tell already, but I am in a bit of a rush. I just wanted everyone to know I am safe.
I will write more soon as to what my main project is for the next 3 or so months.






Here is a picture to prove that it is I, Sean Kavanagh. I am well.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it and are doing well! Next time you post a picture it would be nice to see you smiling!! I love you and I am so proud of you! You are a wonderful writer, and I will be happy to come on this journey with you by reading your stories! Don't get sunburned! I love you!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of you and praying for you often. Today was slightly tragic (all in good fun of course, cause they are sisters in Christ)..Spent all of sunday with groups of girls either at church, at lunch or at a Cru meeting...Definitely made me miss "Bro-time", haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from ya man! Let God's love & guidance be the reason for your every action- for His glory. Keep up the good work brother. You're in our prayers and in God's care.

    ReplyDelete